One of the most difficult things to do for athletes of any level isn’t pushing to achieve another level of performance, it’s taking time out for the body to heal and recover. More and more professional athletes are utilizing naturopathic medicine to recover from injury as well as the sustained physical stress athletics put on the body.
Fortunately, you’re in great hands here at SCNM. There are many aspects to recovery encompassing everything from tissue repair, to nutrient repletion, to ensuring proper sleep and digestion that will support healthy neurotransmitter and hormone synthesis. Here are some of the services we offer to keep your body performing at its peak level:
- Our naturopathic doctors can help formulate and individualize IVs that will expedite the recovery process while also making sure you are compliant with WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) guidelines for professional athletes.
- We can ensure you are consuming a nutrient-dense diet that will help you reach your training goals, such achieving better strength, speed, or agility. Nutrition will also establish an essential foundation to sustainable performance as well as reduce risk of injury.
- Our Neural Prolotherapy Treatment (Perineural Injection Therapy) is a wonderful method to help restore nerve function to areas of your body that are overextended.
- The cryotherapy room is here to soothe your aching muscles. This quick treatment is more effective than a typical ice bath and cuts recovery time drastically. In 2012 the Phoenix Suns installed a cryotherapy chamber in their locker room to help their players recover after games and practices. LeBron James and Floyd Mayweather also utilize cryotherapy frequently in order to help them recover from the beating their sports exact on their bodies.
- Our physicians offer acupuncture treatments that relieve back, neck, and joint pain as well as general fatigue. Weekly acupuncture treatments are part of a regimen that has allowed Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison continue to play in the NFL at the age of 38.
- Cupping therapy is a service we offer that relieves aches and pains while relaxing muscles. Cupping is an excellent alternative pain and recovery treatment that was used by many athletes during the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The same natural treatments used by top tier athletes across many sports are available to you at SCNM. We want to help you gain any edge possible in your quest for improvement.
Regardless of your needs, we’ve got you covered.
Click here to request an appointment with an SCNM physician, or call 480.428.3232.