Come in to the SCNM Medical Center to get your DOT physical exam in a friendly, professional environment. We know that passing the physical is important to your career, so we do everything we can to make the experience as stress free and easy as possible.
Law requires that all CDL drivers receive DOT physical exams from certified medical examiners listed on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) National Registry. SCNM performs DOT Exams for DOT regulated drivers and employers.
Here are some of the requirements for passing the physical exam.
- Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined. Vision correction devices such as glasses or contacts are permitted.
- Must be able to distinguish colors found on all traffic signals.
- Must be able to hear a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Maximum allowable blood pressure is 140/90. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is allowed.
- An applicant may have diabetes that is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes controlled via insulin injections is a disqualifier.
- Blood sugar level must be lower than 200.
- Use of any schedule 1 drug is not allowed