At SCNM Medical Center, we have dedicated physicians who care about our patient’s mental well-being. We spend time thoroughly gathering information to truly understand the root cause of an individual’s mental health concerns. Once the root cause is identified, we can begin taking the steps needed to fully transform health and regain balance. The body has an amazing ability to heal itself. We are here to help support and provide the right circumstances to allow this healing to occur.
Once all this information is gathered, the patient will be provided with a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to their specific needs. Each patient is unique in their presentation and requires highly individualized treatment.
All of this creates an interconnected puzzle that will lead to an individual’s regaining of mental health or deterioration of their condition.
• Hormone Balance
• Nutrient Deficiency
• Physical Activity
• History of Mental Health
• Physical / Emotional Abuse
• The Ability to Relax
• They obtain a detailed medical, family, and social history
• A thorough review of the body systems is conducted with a physical exam
• Utilizing self-reported mental health screening tools to evaluate symptom severity to evaluate efficacy of our treatments
• The physicians often review the DSM-5 mental health condition criteria to evaluate the appropriateness of the individual’s current mental health diagnosis
• Order comprehensive laboratory tests and consider additional naturopathic testing that might provide benefit to our diagnosis and assessment
• Nutritional assessment
• Identification and removal of inflammatory agents
• Genetic testing
• Hormone replacement therapy
• Stress management techniques
• Herbal medicine