Women’s health examines a spectrum of issues and disease states as they pertain to the female gender. The classical definition of women’s health focused on issues specific to the female anatomy; however more recently, women’s medicine is expanding to include social, sexual, and gender aspects of women and their health.
There are two primary branches of medical science when discussing women’s health; gynecology and obstetrics. Gynecology is a primary branch of women’s health and focuses on the reproductive system of women. The word “gynecology” translates to "woman knowledge." This branch of medicine includes all aspects of female anatomy and physiology. Obstetrics focuses on pregnancy, childbirth, and the time immediately following childbirth.
Endocrinology, the study of hormones and their physiological and biochemical processes, is another important component of women’s health. Hormones play a major role in female physiology, particularly with the reproductive system. The hormones can also signal an underlying imbalance, as they function to connect and coordinate all the organs of the body.
SCNM Medical Center and our women’s health professionals help female patients return to living healthy lives through naturopathic treatment. We offer an exceptional number of treatment options for a variety of women's health concerns. Our physicians aim to consult with women of all ages by educating them about their body, the changes their body endures, and how to be aware and adjust with those changes. In addition, we create a unique plan for each patient to heal them from the inside out. In developing this plan to wellness, we factor in stress, diet, hormonal irregularity, genetic predisposition, and much more.
What ways can our doctors help women get back to living a healthy life?
• Menopause and peri-menopause
• Urinary tract infections
• Mood changes
• Weight management
• Breast health
• STD/STI testing and treatment
• Yeast infections
• Irregular menstruation such as heavy menses (menorrhagia), lack of a menstrual cycle (amenorrhea), and painful menses (dysmenorrhea)
• Annual pelvic exams and pap smears
• Breast exams
• STD screening
• Annual labs
• Family planning
• Obstetric care during pregnancy
- These use nature as medicine and have no side effects.
- Herbal treatments and botanical medicine naturally re-train the body to regulate hormones.
- This medicine is formulated for the unique case of the patient.
- These involve a much higher safety profile than synthetic hormones, but include a much faster response
- They are successful in treating irregular menstrual cycles, for peri & post-menopausal women
- Also helpful in maintaining bone density, good sexual health, and libido
- Helps improve health of skin and improve cognition.
- Helps maintain bone density, health of skin, and improve cognition
Dr. Alexander, Dr. Axelrod, Dr. Bain, Dr. DiCampli, Dr. Felton, Dr. Gaines, Dr. Jonas, Dr. Purvis, Dr. Rice, Dr. Rodriguez, Dr. Salisbury, Dr. Seitz, Dr. Shafferman, Dr. Shiffler, Dr. Stage, Dr. Steen, Dr. Trahan, Dr. Williams, Dr. Wright